Skip to content

Sooner Or Later

Thank you for your interest in Sooner Or Later!

30 results found

1. I love to see this app available on my Surface too!

I use it on my phone, but I would use it on my tablet too! If the lists could be in sync between the two devices that would be awesome!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Alphabetical ordering task in later list

I write task with project prefix. Alphabetical orderin will be simple group per prefix.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Martin!

Thank you for the feedback!

The “Later” list is sorted by the date that items are added to the list so that items you’ve touched recently are at the top of the list, and older, presumably stale, items are at the bottom.

At this time, there are no plans to add project management features to Sooner Or Later.

This is partly due to the design goal of keeping Sooner Or Later as simple as possible, and partly due to lack of development resources.

I know this is not the ideal answer for you, but I suggest that you try managing projects in another application and only add items that need to be done soon (the specific tasks you need to focus on now) to Sooner Or Later.

If the scope of Sooner Or Later is changed to include project management features in the future, I’ll let you know…

3. Viewable/editable backup file on SkyDrive

Not sure if this is even doable, but I'd like to be able to edit or at least view (in a user-friendly way, not as an encoded xml file) the items in my lists on PC, via the backup file on SkyDrive.

I know you guys are trying to keep the app simple and true to its original philosophy (I admire this attitude, by the way) and perhaps you will be against this idea, but since the backup is a .txt file anyway, it would be nice if it served an additional purpose other than only being a backup file.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Jan,

Thanks for detailing the scenarios where you would find this feature useful. It’s very helpful!

After spending some time considering this feature, I believe that in order to make the feature simple and practical enough for the average person, a full sync feature would need to be created.

Consider the scenario where you backup your tasks from your phone and then later add some new tasks X and Y. Then, while at your PC, you update the backup file and add task Z.

Now, if you restore the backup file from your phone, you’ll then have task Z (created on your PC) on your phone, but you’ll wipe out the tasks X and Y that were created on your phone but weren’t backed up.

Or, if you backup your new X and Y tasks from your phone, you’ll wipe out task Z that you created on your PC.

4. Not never, but someday or...?

Use Someday, or Maybe (shorter) Why would I keep a list of things to do "Never"?

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Gord!

Excellent question, and I’m glad you asked! In fact, you’ve inspired me to write a blog post on this topic, which I’ll do right after I post this reply.

Sooner Or Later is built around the philosophy that, in order to have peace of mind, you must confront and handle each and every thing there is for you to do in life. If you “leave things hanging”, it causes you stress.

One of the ways that you can handle something that comes up in your life is to decide that, perhaps despite the fact that you would like to do it, the item will realistically never become a high enough priority in your life to do it.

That item goes into your “Never” list.

Watch for my upcoming blog article where I’ll also explain why the list is named “Never” instead of “Someday”.

-David

5. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi again, Kare!

I’ve tried to imagine reasons why you might want to focus on an item on your Later list, rather than moving it to your Soon list, but I haven’t come up with a good one yet.

Can you explain why you want to do this?

Thanks!
    -David

6. Multiple categories

Be able to defined multiple categories, work - home - wife

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you all for the great feedback on the topic of categories!

I’ve done a lot of thinking and testing in this area and my conclusion is that categories do not fit the goals of Sooner Or Later.

I’ve written a detailed explanation for this conclusion on my blog at http://hotchaipro.wordpress.com/2012/12/28/what-about-categories/

-David

P.S. I added another related blog entry at http://hotchaipro.wordpress.com/2012/12/28/more-on-categories/

7. Usage of toolkit animations

I have noticed that the App doesn't use any animations. It would look al lot more integrated with the OS if there were some transitions between pages.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Vybo!

Unfortunately, we simply don’t have the developer resources to do this work, and it doesn’t look like we’ll be getting them anytime soon.

Thanks for the great suggestion, though! I wish we could do this work!

-David

8. Wrap sooner lines on the tile if there's room.

...instead of truncating them. Useful for lists of things to remember.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

After reviewing this item, we’ve decided not to implement it. One of the design goals of Sooner Or Later is that it be very efficient to use throughout the day. Since scanning your “Soon” list is one of the things you do most often with Sooner Or Later, it is particularly important that reading the list is efficient. If we encouraged very long task titles, then you would spend that much extra time reading each time you scanned your list. Also, it is critical that your Live Tile is effective, so you don’t even have to open the app most of the time. If the item titles were long, your Live Tile would become ineffective, as most of the text wouldn’t fit on the tile or would be too small to read. So, the limit on the readable item title length is actually intended to encourage you to use very…

9. email list

To be able to send list to friends and family members.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

After reviewing this feature request, we’ve decided not to move forward with it. One of the primary design goals of Sooner Or Later is to keep it simple and efficient to use as possible. We believe that adding this feature will make the app complicated to use and therefore it doesn’t align with our vision for the app. For example, it would make sense to send just some of your list to one person and some other parts of your list to another person, so you’d need some new way to associate items with a person. And then it would also make sense to have some way to see which items you already sent to someone and which items they’ve completed. By the time we implemented all of these features, you’d have a lot of complex task management overhead. In short, our vision for Sooner Or Later is that it’s…

10. live tile backside

Ability to configure backside of live tile to show the other tasks (later/scheduled/never)

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

After reviewing this suggestion, we’ve decided not to implement this feature, because it isn’t consistent with the goals of the Sooner Or Later organizational system. One key element of the system is that you offload “later” items from your brain so you can focus exclusively on your “soon” items. So, we explicitly do not want to bother you or clutter your brain with “later” items. If you have items in your Later list that you want visible on your start screen, I suggest that these should actually be in your Soon list. If you start to get too many items in your Soon list, you can use the focus button to highlight the items that are relevant to you right now and bring them to the top of your tile. If you still have too many items in your Soon list, you might want to evaluate whether or not you’re…

2 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Sooner Or Later

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base