Skip to content

Sooner Or Later

Thank you for your interest in Sooner Or Later!

15 results found

1. Add reminders or notifications for scheduled tasks

It would be nice to see a notification for a scheduled task like "pay the electricity bill". That sort of tasks don't fit in calendar app because you should be able to make it completed. But with your app you can easily miss it without a reminder.

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your feedback! Notifications go against one of the major tenets of Sooner Or Later, which is to put you in control of your life, not your phone. But, you make a good point about not being able to mark a calendar item as complete. I will get back to you on this one. -David

2. Drag & drop reordering

I saw a suggestion on this matter was declined from 2013. I want to suggest this feature again in 2015.

The dev's reason to decline this feature was argueable. As it would not even distrupt the other ultra efficient features such as the Focus button.

Drag and drop between Soon, Later, Schedule etc should also need to be considered.

Thank you.

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! And yes, it’s a popular one. I personally believe that you’re wasting your time by reordering any further than using the focus button to move things to the top of the Soon list, but I will review this feature for an update. If you’re using the Windows version, you’ll be happy to know that I’m rewriting the user interface for Windows 10 to support swiping items between the lists, just like the iOS and Android versions. -David

3. Automatic backup

Configure the SkyDrive backup to run daily, or variable frequency (hours, days, etc).

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the great idea!

We would very much like to do this work, but the last time I looked into this, there were some technical limitations that prevented sign-in to SkyDrive from working in a background task.

However, I’ll look into this again to see if the status has changed.

-David

4. shop list!!

Shopping list! I would love so love a sooner or later shopping list app! Don't change a thing, just give me another live tile for my sooner or later shop list! I have searched through all the available shop apps out there but I have been officially spoiled by sooner or later to do list and now everything else is either too complicated or basically note taking. please please please consider a sooner or later shop list app!!!

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. automatically add scheduled tasks to calendar

It would be nice for every new item on scheduled page to also appear on calendar without having to interact with calendar manually. Meaning that app would also handle its task on calendar.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. search ability

Can you add a search feature. I use this app for work and have many tasks. Sometimes I need toa access one in the schedule list fast and being able to search for it would make It so much quicker. Please consider. Thanks for this awesome application.

Doug

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Set time on scheduled tasks

Can you add feature to set time for scheduled tasks? And duration, so app can notify if there are multiple tasks set in the same time*. Then user can postpone one of those tasks and have better time management.

• For current week/month only. No need to calculate this for longer future period.
    5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. add time n calendar

I think it would be awesome to give us calendar like features. Give todos specific time deadline n calendar view

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi! This is a very interesting suggestion! While I wouldn’t want to replace the already excellent calendar app on the phone, it might be nice to have a calendar-like view of the Scheduled items list. Thank you for the suggestion! I’ll consider it further and get back to you on this. -David

9. bachup as mail

Enable sending tasklist by mail

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. hook to exchange

Hook to MS Exchange

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Better writing down spoken text - wenn I speak words into Sooner or later, I see de spoken text. but this does not save this spoken words. h

Your app does not save spoken text. The text comes complete into that window, but after saving it get lost, so I habe to write down everything with the softkeys

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hm… let me think about that one. I’m trying to keep the system as simple and approachable as possible so that it doesn’t become overwhelming after extended use. But I will take this into consideration for the next major update. Thanks for the feedback! -David

13. backup as mail

Send Tasks as mail

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Later tasks with no date for andriod as is the case in the windows app

I love the sooner or later windows app but now have an android phone. There is no Later functionality as is the case in windows. I.e. later tasks in android get a scheduled date.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

And I thought I had really improved things by removing Later tasks with no date! :)

In my own use, I found that I tended to stop looking at items with no date in my Later list and they just became useless. In fact, they were more like “Never” items.

I implemented a “long swipe” to make it easy to move items from Soon to Never for this purpose. When you start swiping, the bar says “Tomorrow”. Keep on swiping further and it changes to “Never”.

Let me know how using your “Never” list in place of the unscheduled “Later” list works for you!

-David

15. Ability to set priorities in Later section

I love this app but my Later section has grown alot. I would like some way to sort it by maybe using priorities. Another idea would be to have a Focus button in the Later section to bring important items to the top. Thank you

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Interesting idea!

In the iOS and Android versions, I’ve merged the Later and Scheduled lists, so that “Later” is always scheduled. So there are no more unscheduled Later items. They are always scheduled to come back to your Soon list to be prioritized with the Focus button at some point.

If you really want to have an item that is unscheduled, then you can use the “Never” list.

So, you kind of get priorities in your “Later” list because they’re sorted by date. Items that are scheduled to move to your Soon list sooner are at the top. :)

I am rewriting the Windows 10 user interface to be like the iOS and Android versions now, so I wonder if this will address your feedback?

-David

• Don't see your idea?

Sooner Or Later

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base